PCS At A Glance
Enrollment: 111 students, grades 2-8
Class Size: 10-14 students
Student-Teacher Ratio: 3 to 1
Location: PCS is located in Culver City with easy access to the I-10 freeway. Our campus is across the street from the Culver City Metro Station.
- 10 Classroom Teachers
- 10 Associate Teachers
- 13 Reading & Math Specialists
- 5 Speech & Language Therapists
- School Counselor
- Visual Arts Teacher
- Science Teacher
- Music and Super Shop Teacher
- 2 Physical Education Teachers
- 2 Emergency Medical Technicians
- 2 Occupational Therapists
- Onsite Substitute Teacher
Many of our faculty are trained as Educational Therapists and serve as mentors in the community.
- Full academic curriculum
- Individualized program: students receive individualized programs that take into account each child’s learning style, level of functioning, attention span, interest, and motivation.
- Differentiated curriculum: students learn at their own pace, working one-to-one, in pairs, or in small groups depending on individual needs.
- Educating the whole child: PCS nurtures academic, social, and personal growth.
- Social Emotional Learning (SEL): PCS uses mindfulness, the Circle Ways Council Program, and Social Thinking Skills to help students develop self-awareness and social awareness.
- Parent education opportunities
- Overnight field trips for 5th-8th grade students
- Facility specifically designed for our program
- After School Enrichment Program
- SCAMP Summer Program
- Park Century School was founded in 1968 as an independent, not-for-profit, co-educational day school to meet the needs of bright children who learn differently.
- PCS serves students between the ages 7 to 14, or grades 2nd to 8th, living in the South Bay to the San Fernando Valley and throughout the greater Los Angeles area.
- Students with language-based learning differences come to Park Century School because they have struggled in previous classroom settings, and additional tutoring and educational therapy experiences have not provided adequate support.